Yesterday, I went to my very first wine tasting. Because I lacked training in wine etiquette for tastings, I was awfully nervous but my wonderful bosses gave me a crash course in the do's and don'ts. I handled myself rather well but I could not bring myself to spit out wine in a bucket. LOL ...Anyways, I received a wealth of knowledge & I had a delightful experience. Paid to play, I love my job (primary one.) Below is a short list of the ones I enjoyed most:
1. Bodegas y Vinedos Montecastro, 2006, Montecastro Tempranillo
2. Bodegas Breton, 2001, Lorinon Gran Reserva
3. Patz & Hall, 2008, Pinot Noir Pisoni
4. Maremmalta, 2009, Rosado del Salto
5. Terra Andina, 2008, Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva
6. Roncho Blanchis, 2010, Sauvignon Blanc
7. Qupe, 2006, Syrah 25th Anniversary
8. Storybook Mountain, 2008, Zinfandel "Mayacamas Range"
9. Elyse, 2007, AKA Zinfandel
10. Collabrigo, Spumante Rose "Ti Amo"